As far back as 1922, the Society of the Sisters of St. Anne of Lucerne, dedicated to the care and treatment of the sick and nursing mothers, founded the Clinica Sant'Anna in Lugano, Via Pocobelli. In 1934, the Clinic settled on the hill of Sorengo. Today, the renowned "cradle of Ticino" is a prestigious multispecialty center that groups, in addition to specialties related to women's health (gynecology, obstetrics and senology center), important departments of surgery, oncology, medicine and radiological diagnostics. With 5 operating rooms for both outpatients and inpatients, the Clinic has also become a hub for plastic surgery. Clinica Sant'Anna has been a member of Swiss Medical Network since 2012.